In order to operate commercial vehicles, federal mandates require operators of these vehicles to undergo a DOT physical prior to receiving their commercial drivers’ license. Every two years, commercial drivers must then also receive another DOT physical. The purpose of DOT physicals is to ensure that the drivers of our nation’s freeways are healthy enough to operate large vehicles for extended periods of time.
Here at AFC Urgent Care Vernon, we administer DOT physicals seven days a week on a walk-in basis. Our physicians have the certification required to administer DOT physical examination, which includes:
- Vision Test: Applicants must have 20/40 vision with or without correction
- Color-Blind Test
- Hearing Test: Applicants need to be able to hear forced whisper from 5 feet away
- Blood Pressure Testing: Blood pressure must be under 160/100.
- Blood Sugar Check: Blood sugar must be no higher than 200.
- Stress Test: Necessary if the patient has a pre-existing cardiac problem, such as heart failure
For more information about our DOT physicals, call us at 860.986.7600 or visit us any day of the week to receive your DOT physical. We look forward to helping you get back on the road, or getting out there for the first time!